How it Works
RTA Connect On-Demand offers the convenience of booking your trip around your schedule. On-Demand offers door-to-door service within certain areas of the Miami Valley where fixed-route service is either unavailable or limited. This service is available 24/7, 365-days a year by either booking with the Lyft app, or making an advanced or recurring reservation with RTA Customer Service. Trips can also be requested as-needed through RTA Customer Service. Wait times may vary based on availability.
Travel Within a Zone
There are two different types of On-Demand zone trips:
1. Customers using an RTA transfer point, which will connect them to RTA fixed-route service. The trip for customers traveling within a valid On-Demand zone and starting or ending their trip at a transfer point will be FREE.
2. Customers using an On-Demand trip to go door-to-door within a zone, not connecting to a RTA fixed-route bus. Those using On-Demand services to travel door-to-door to any location within the On-Demand zone, but who are not starting or ending their trip at a transfer point, will pay $2 per trip.
On-Demand trips cannot be taken across multiple zones in the same trip.
All eligible On-Demand zones can be found below. Customers under 18 years of age must contact RTA Customer Service to schedule an On-Demand reservation.
Why It's Better
- You'll never pay more than our regular, one-way fare for your Connect trip.
- No more scheduling your day around limited bus service in your area.
- On-Demand connects you to transfer points where bus service is fast and frequent.
- Weekend, late night and early morning services are available where previously only limited service was offered.
- More service equals more access throughout the Miami Valley.
How to Book
Use the Lyft app or visit http://ride.lyft.com to book your trip. Use the following codes for each zone:
1. If you’re using Lyft to/from a RTA transfer point (connecting to RTA routes) use these codes for your free ride:
- Zone 1: RTAZone1
- Zone 2: RTAZone2
- Zone 3: RTAZone3
- Zone 4: RTAZone4
- Zone 5: RTAZone5
2. If you’re using Lyft within a zone, but your ride does not connect you to a RTA transfer point use these codes for your $2 ride:
- Zone 1: RTAZone1GO
- Zone 2: RTAZone2GO
- Zone 3: RTAZone3GO
- Zone 4: RTAZone4GO
- Zone 5: RTAZone5GO
Book through RTA
No Lyft app? No problem! Call us at (937) 425-8300 to book your trip.
Travel To and From Wright Patterson Air Force Base
If you’re traveling to and from any On-Demand Zone within secured access areas on Wright Patterson Air Force Base, you will not be able to use Lyft. You must call us at (937) 425-8300 to book your trip.
If you’re traveling to and from any On-Demand Zone within secured access areas on Wright Patterson Air Force Base, you will be required to arrange your transportation access with base security in advance.
Require a Lift-Equipped Vehicle?
For those who require a lift-equipped vehicle, call us at (937) 425-8300 to connect with a lift-equipped provider.
If you have questions about RTA Connect On-Demand, visit iriderta.org/rtaconnect or call Customer Service at (937) 425-8300. If you have questions about Lyft and its services, visit www.lyft.com.