RTA to Run Special Holiday Bus All Season Long.
For Immediate Release
CONTACT: Jessica Heffner (937) 425-8352, Marketing Manager
(DAYTON, OHIO)… RTA will demonstrate its holiday spirit again this year by putting a holiday- themed bus into service throughout the month of December.
The design and décor is a collaborative effort between the RTA maintenance and marketing departments. It features a Santa driving a sleigh and reindeer on the exterior, complete with lights. A lighted Christmas tree is inside. Customers will enjoy holiday music throughout the season.
RTA employees and their families will board and ride the special bus for its debut appearance during the Dayton Holiday Festival and Children’s Parade this Friday evening.
It will then make appearances throughout the Dayton area, switching routes daily. Anyone lucky enough to board the bus will enjoy a free candy cane.
“We’ve decorated a holiday bus for decades,” said RTA Chief Executive Officer Mark Donaghy, “because our passengers really enjoy it. I love to see the faces of the kids light up when that bus rolls into Wright Stop Plaza,” he said.
Due to street closures for Friday’s events, RTA will make route changes and temporary bus stops beginning at 5 p.m. Friday.
At 5 p.m. -- Four bus stops will close starting at 5:00 p.m.
- Eastbound: (3rd at Perry St.) Passengers can catch the bus at Wright Stop Plaza.
- Westbound: (3rd at Perry ) & ( 3rd @ St. Mary’s) Passengers can catch the bus at WSP.
- Southbound: (Ludlow at Second) Passengers can catch the bus at WSP.
- After 7:00pm: The stop eastbound on 3rd at St. Mary’s will be closed. Passengers can catch the bus at WSP.
Between 7 and 9 p.m. -- WSP will be closed from 7:00pm- 9:00pm. Temporary bus stops will be at the following locations:
- Eastbound - Third St. @ St. Clair St.
- Westbound - Third St. @ Jefferson St.
- Northbound - Jefferson St. @ Third St.
- Southbound - Third St. @Jefferson St.
Additional transit ambassadors and supervisors will be on hand Friday evening to help passengers arrive on time and safely to their destinations.
For a full list of route changes, see our website or call : (937) 425-8300