RTA reroutes bus service due to Third Street Bridge closure
For Immediate Release
MEDIA CONTACT: Jessica Olson (937) 425-8352, Communications Manager
(DAYTON, OHIO) … The Greater Dayton RTA will be rerouting several bus routes and setting up temporary stops in Dayton due to the closure of the Third Street Bridge. The bridge is expected to be closed for the next 22 months as the city of Dayton replaces the bridge.
The Third Street Bridge between Robert Drive and Edwin C. Moses Blvd closed Jan. 2, 2020. As a result, Routes 1, 2, and 4 will be under a reroute while work is done.
The following bus stops are closed for Routes 1 and 2 during the bridge work:
- • Stop ID 95 on 3rd at Bank St
- • Stop ID 6481 on 3rd at Edwin C. Moses
Temporary stops have been placed at the following locations for Routes 1 and 2 during the closure. Customers should use one of these stops while the bridge is closed:
- • Stop ID 1323 at Sinclair Building 20 outbound
- • Stop ID 1396 at Sinclair Building 20 inbound
The following bus stops are closed for Route 4 during the bridge work:
- • Stop ID 95 on 3rd at Bank Street
- • Stop ID 6481 on 3rd as Edwin C. Moses
- • Stop ID 3 on 3rd at Perry
- • Stop ID 5 on 3rd at St. Mary’s
- • Stop ID 97 on 3rd at Sinclair College
- • Stop ID 98 on 3rd at Perry
Temporary stops have been placed at the following locations for Route 4 during the closure. Customers should use one of these stops while the bridge is closed:
- • Stop ID 1320 on 4th at Perry
- • Stop ID 1321 on 4th at Sinclair College
- • Stop ID 1399 on 5th at Wilkinson
- • Stop ID 4342 on 5th at Ludlow
Riders can use the text feature through RTA’s RideTime technology to find out when their next bus is coming at one of these temporary stops. Text “RTA” with a space and then the Stop ID number above or as it is listed on the sign to 41-411 to receive real-time predictions for bus arrivals. For more information, visit www.iriderta.org/ridetime.