RTA expands contactless payment efforts, retail outlets to accept cash payments for mobile passes
For Immediate Release
MEDIA CONTACT: Jessica Olson (937) 425-8352, Communications Manager
(DAYTON, OHIO)… Beginning November 16, the Greater Dayton RTA will begin using its electronic payment readers onboard all vehicles, enabling customers to scan mobile passes from their Tapp Pay account, furthering RTA’s contactless payment experience. Tapp Pay mobile is part of RTA’s new contactless payment system, available by downloading the free Transit app on the Google or Apple App store.
In addition, customers who have a smartphone and want to pay with cash, can now purchase and load RTA passes to their Tapp Pay account, at any of the following retail locations below, with RTA’s Wright Stop Plaza sales outlet accepting cash beginning November 23.
- Westside Wireless – 1132 Wayne Avenue, Dayton, OH 45410
- Fix or Cell – 1243 Wayne Avenue, Dayton, OH 45410
- AM PM Market Inc. – 2317 Salem Avenue, Dayton 45406
- Network of Dayton – 2523 S Smithville Road, Dayton, OH 45420
- It’s On Wireless – 2801 Philadelphia Drive, Dayton, OH 45405
- Forever Wireless – 2808 Salem Avenue, Dayton, OH 45406
- Fastlink Wireless – 2919 Linden Avenue, Dayton, OH 45410
- Bestin the West Wireless – 3010 W Third Street, Dayton, OH 45417
- Fam Computer Wireless – 4550 Salem Avenue, Suite A, Dayton, OH 45416
- Al Hasoun LLC – 4787 Salem Avenue, Dayton, OH 45416
“We understand that some of our customers have a smartphone but do not have access to a debit or credit card. These retail outlets will provide customer access to Tapp Pay when paying with cash,” said Brandon Policicchio, RTA’s Chief Customer and Business Development Officer.
Since the onset of the pandemic, RTA has diligently worked to maintain a safe experience for customers. In May, Tapp Pay mobile payments were introduced to reduce the amount of daily physical interactions with on-board payment equipment. With the addition of cash conversion outlets, more customers will have the ability to utilize RTA’s new payment system, Tapp Pay.
For more information, visit RTA’s website at www.i-riderta.org/how-to-ride/tapp-pay.