RTA Announces Service Changes Beginning on Sunday, February 14
For Immediate Release
CONTACT: Jessica Heffner (937) 425-8352
(Dayton) … The Greater Dayton RTA responds to the needs of customers, communities and businesses by periodically adjusting bus service. A service change affecting RTA routes will begin on Sunday, February 14, 2016.
“This February update is especially helpful to RTA riders on Route 43 travelling to the airport or to work at White Castle and Proctor and Gamble,” said Director of Planning and Marketing Frank Ecklar. “The trips have been shifted to better accommodate their work schedules.”
Bus service has been added to Lyons Place II (Route 64) and Huffman Place Apartments (Route 66) on the RTA senior routes. Timing has been adjusted for all senior routes 64, 65 and 66.
Many of the other services changes involve timing changes only. Routing changes occur on routes 1, 7, 18, X1B, 60, 64, and 66. RTA customers seeking additional information regarding specific route changes and timing changes may log on to www.i-riderta.org, click on “schedules” then choose their usual route under “Select A Route.” Customers may also contact the call center at 425-8300 for more information on their specific route.
Trip planning is easy via Google Trip Planner. Log on to the RTA website, then click on the Google logo at the bottom left. Enter your departure location and your destination. The Google Trip Planner will map out the best way to take your trip, including all bus routes and times.
RTA System Service Changes
Efffective February 14, 2016
- Route 43 – Added trips Saturday and Sunday to better serve the airport. Shifted trips to better accommodate White Castle and Proctor & Gamble work shifts. Eliminated Saturday trips between 10:32 p.m. and 12:41 a.m. Also eliminated two Sunday trips between 2:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. and 11:33 p.m. – 12:41 a.m.
- Route 64 – Added Lyons Place II deviation at the V.A. Center and will service V.A. Hospital bus stop. Removed routing on McArthur at McLin Manor. Route 9 service will still available at McLin Manor.
- Route 65 – Adjusted the timing throughout the route.
- Route 66 – Added service to Huffman Place Apartments. Adjusted the timing throughout the route.
- Route 1 – Removed the deviations to Dora Tate Youth Center from trips due to low ridership on weekdays, Saturdays & Sundays. Shifted the Saturday westbound at 1:10 p.m. trip 3 minutes later leaving the WSU Student Union. Shifted the Saturday eastbound 8:10 a.m., 11:28 a.m., and 2:50 p.m. trips 1-3 minutes leaving 3rd & Iona Streets.
- Route 22 – All Saturday & Sunday southbound trips leaving Town Center & York Commons will leave 2 minutes earlier.
- Route 2 – Shifted the Saturday westbound 8:03 a.m., 9:43 a.m., 11:23 a.m., 1:03 p.m., 2:43 p.m. and 4:19 p.m. trips leaving Eastown Transit Center between 2 and 6 minutes later.
- Route 4 –Shifted the Saturday westbound 2:56 p.m. trip leaving the Eastown Transit Center 1 minute later.
- Route 7 – Removed the 7:55 a.m. weekday trip from Hillcrest to Phillips Road. Customers may board the 7:51 a.m. trip at Hillcrest. Weekday northbound 1:18 a.m. trip will now serve Wright Stop Plaza. Shifted the Saturday southbound 8:04 a.m. and 1:04 p.m. trips leaving Main & Philadelphia 6 minutes later. Shifted the Saturday northbound 8:04 a.m. and 1:04 p.m. trips leaving Patterson & Woodman 6 minutes earlier.
- Route 8 – Shifted the Saturday southbound 9:48 a.m. and 2:47 p.m. trips leaving the Northwest Transit Center 1-2 minutes later.
- Routes 9, 14, & 40 – Changed inbound routing to serve First Street to Perry Street instead of Edwin C. Moses to Third Street. Route 40 will serve First Street to Ludlow Street, then to regular routing.
- Route 14 – Weekday southbound trips will leave the Northwest Transit Center 2 minutes earlier between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Route 16 – Slight running time adjustments of 1-2 minutes throughout the weekday. Trips leaving Sheets & Montgomery streets were shifted 1-5 minutes later in the southbound direction.
- Route 17 -- The weekday southbound 9:19 a.m. trip leaving Center and Brown School Road is shifted 2 minutes later. The weekday northbound 7:44 a.m. trip leaving the South Transit Center is shifted to 2 minutes later.
- Route 18 – Elimination of the 2:54 p.m. northbound deviation to Goodwill on Kuntz Road and the 8:36 a.m., 9:03 a.m., 9:35 a.m., 5:32 p.m. southbound deviations to Goodwill and URS. Shifted the weekday southbound 6:13 a.m. trip leaving Meijer 5 minutes earlier to assist customers with transfers to Route 19 northbound.
- Route 19 – Saturday southbound 11:45 p.m. trip from Brandt/Chambersburg shifted 10 minutes later to Wright Stop Plaza.
- Route 23 – Shifted the weekday southbound 6:18 a.m. trip leaving the Eastown Transit Center 4 minutes later. Shifted the weekday northbound 8:21 a.m. trip leaving the South Transit Center 1 minute later.
- Route 24 – Trip adjustments on weekday southbound trips leaving Meijer and Route 48 between 7:30 p.m. and 12:10 a.m.
Trip adjustments on weekday northbound trips leaving the South Transit Center at 8:55 a.m., 10:27 a.m., 5:50 p.m., 11:01 p.m. and 12:17 a.m.
Also adjusted trips serving Covenant House on weekday and Saturday.
Adjusted Saturday southbound trips leaving Meijer between 4:54 a.m. and 7:21 a.m.
- Route X5 – Removed the four extra Saturday round trips between South Transit Center and WSP at night from 6:30 p.m. to 10:15 p.m. One bus is still available during those times.
- Route X1B – Routing change to serve 5th Street, left on D Street, right on Monahan Way, right on K Street to regular routing.
- Route 34 – Shifted the weekday westbound 11:30 p.m. trip leaving Town Center & York Commons 6 minutes later.
- Route 41 – The weekday westbound 11:30 a.m. trip leaving Wright Stop Plaza is shifted 2 minutes later.
- Route 60 – Eliminated 1:11 p.m. and 2:17 p.m. deviation to Met Life and shifted the 2:39 p.m. westbound trip leaving South Transit Center 5 minutes earlier.
- Route 61 – The weekday southbound 7:28 a.m. trip leaving the South Transit Center is shifted 3 minutes later. The weekday northbound 7:47 a.m. trip leaving the South Transit Center is shifted 1 minute later.
For a listing of route changes, sign-up for route alerts: i-riderta.org. Follow us on twitter at twitter.com/gdrta , or like us on Facebook at facebook.com/iriderta. RTA is Ohio’s greenest fleet, and serves 3,300 stops on 31 routes throughout Montgomery and parts of Greene County. The agency operates diesel, hybrid diesel, and electric trolley buses that take people to work, school and shopping. Customers ride RTA on more than 9 million passenger trips each year. RTA is committed to providing the highest levels of customer service as the region’s first choice for alternative transportation.