RTA adjusts routes beginning June 4
For Immediate Release
CONTACT: Jessica Olson (937) 425-8352, Communications Manager
(DAYTON, OHIO) … The Greater Dayton RTA periodically adjusts bus service in response to the needs of customers, communities and businesses. A service change affecting several routes will begin Sunday, June 4.
Route 1: The 9:00 a.m. westbound trip will leave at 8:55 a.m.
Route 4: Destination signage on all westbound buses will now say “Westown.”
Route 17: The 6:42 a.m. southbound trip will now leave at 6:39 a.m. All times southbound from National and Dixie roads stop from 4:41 p.m. and after will be 1 minute later than currently posted.
Route 18: Stops on Timbercrest Drive will be eliminated due to the closing of the Montgomery County Developmental Center.
Route 24: A new stop has been added to service the new Project Cure location on Daruma Parkway.
- Weekday southbound trips from Westown Hub will depart at 6:09 a.m., 7:41 a.m., 8:49 a.m., 12:05 p.m. and 3:44 p.m.
- Weekday northbound trips from South Hub will depart at 7 a.m., 10:04 a.m., 12:12 p.m., 2:32 p.m. and 4:37 p.m.
- Saturday southbound trips from Westown Hub will depart at 6:46 a.m., 7:52 a.m. and 9:28 a.m.
- Saturday northbound trips from South Hub will depart at 6:06 a.m., 8:40 a.m. and 10:06 a.m.
- Sunday southbound trips from Westown Hub will depart at 6:14 a.m., 7:23 a.m. and 9:55 a.m.
- Sunday northbound trips from South Hub will depart at 7:02 a.m., 8:13 a.m. and 9:33 a.m.
Route 42: Riders on Route 42 will now use “RTA Connect” services between Farmersville and Miamisburg. Please see iriderta.org/RTAConnect for more information.
Route 43: Several additional trips to Spectrum brands have been added: Weekday departures northbound from Wright Stop Plaza at 5:24 a.m., weekday southbound from Falls Creek at 4:11 p.m. and 11;49 p.m. and Saturday northbound departures from Wright Stop Plaza at 5:23 a.m., 6:12 a.m., 3:01 p.m. and 3:35 p.m.
Several departure time changes:
- Weekday 11:27 p.m. northbound trip from Wright Stop Plaza will leave at 11:22 p.m.
- Weekday southbound trips from Falls Creek departure times will change from 7:03 a.m. to 7:16 a.m.; 4:20 p.m. to 4:11p.m.; 10:56 p.m. to 10:49 p.m.; and 12:16 a.m. to 11:49 p.m.
- Saturday 7:00 a.m. northbound trip from Wright Stop Plaza will leave at 7:18 a.m.
- Saturday southbound trips from Falls Creek departure times will change from 3:33 p.m. to 3:38 p.m. and from 4:10 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.
- Saturday southbound trips from Procter and Gamble to Wright Stop Plaza departure times will change from 6:39 a.m. to 6:57 a.m. and 7:39 a.m. to 7:47 a.m.
Route 60: Weekday westbound departures from the South Hub after 6:03 p.m. will be adjusted by 6 to 13 minutes. Weekday eastbound departures from 1st & Central after 5:22 p.m. will be adjusted by 6 to 16 minutes. Saturday westbound departures from South Hub after 10:21 a.m. and Saturday eastbound trips from 1st & Central after 10:56 a.m. will be adjusted by 1 to 5 minutes. Sunday westbound departures from South Hub after 10:46 a.m. and Sunday eastbound trips from 1st & Central after 11:21a.m. will be adjusted by 2 to 3 minutes.
Route 61: Weekday westbound departures from South Hub after 8:20 p.m. will be adjusted by 3 to 6 minutes and weekday northbound departures from South Hub after 8:48 p.m. will be adjusted by 1 to 2 minutes.
For full schedules, please see our website at www.iriderta.org. There you can also learn about RTA’s RideTime products, including how to download the Transit app for free in the Google Play or App store to help schedule your trips.
RTA is Ohio’s greenest fleet, and serves 3,300 stops on 35 routes throughout Montgomery and parts of Greene County. The agency operates diesel, hybrid diesel, and electric trolley buses that take people to work, school and shopping. Customers ride RTA on more than 9 million passenger trips each year. RTA is committed to providing the highest levels of customer service as the region’s first choice for alternative transportation.