Buy Transit Passes
You can purchase RTA passes directly in the Transit app by using RTA's new mobile ticketing service, Tapp Pay! Plan your trip, track your ride, and buy your pass all within Transit!
To get started, download Transit app onto your smartphone by visiting the App Store or Google Play.
Once you've made your purchase, activate your ticket and show your phone to the driver when you hop on board.
Read below to learn more:
When you open Transit, a white bar will appear at the bottom of the screen. This bar offers you the option to buy a transit pass.
To buy a pass:
1. Press Buy Ticket at the bottom of the main screen.
2. Select your transit agency and/or traveler type (adult, student, senior, etc.), and the type of pass you want to buy.
3. Enter your email address.
• If you don't already have a Transit account, follow the steps to create an account and enter your payment details.
• If you do already have a Transit account, enter your password to sign in.
4. Confirm your purchase.
5. Choose whether to activate the pass now or later.
6. Tap the gear icon on the main screen to view and activate your passes.
Use a pass
1. Tap the gear icon at the top left of the main screen.
2. Under My Tickets, choose the pass you want to use.
3. Tap Activate next to the pass.
4. Activate the pass shortly before you board.
5. When you board, display the activated pass to the driver using your phone. Tap Show:
Reset your account password
1. Enter your email address to sign in to your account.
2. Select Forgot Password when you are prompted.
3. Press Send email:
4. On your phone, check your email for a message from Transit.
5. Tap the Reset Password link in the email. The link will open in Transit.
6. Follow the steps to reset your password and setup your payment details.
7. Remember your new password!
Get help with your passes
To get help with your passes, contact RTA Customer Service at (937)-425-8300. They can access your account information and will be able to help.
Hide the pass bar
You can hide the ticket bar in the Options menu. With the ticket bar disabled, you will still be able to purchase and access passes from the profile screen.
- In the top left-hand corner of the screen, tap the gear icon:
- At the top of the screen, tap the middle slider icon:
- In the Options menu, scroll down to My transit options.
- Tap the circle next to Show ticket bar to disable it: