The RTA is committed to providing quality transportation to everyone in the Miami Valley area. Since 1977, the RTA has offered Project Mobility, a door-to-door paratransit service, to certified individuals with disabilities who are unable to use regular fixed routes.
Project Mobility service is available upon completion of RTA Connect application and certification through the RTA Certification Center. The Americans with Disabilities Act defines these categories of eligibility for paratransit service.
You may be eligible if:
- You are unable to independently board, ride or exit an RTA fixed route bus, due to a disability.
- Due to impairment-related conditions you are prevented from traveling to or from a bus stop and therefore unable to complete the trip using an RTA fixed route bus.
- You are unable to complete the trip using the RTA fixed-route buses due to a combination of your disability and architectural and environmental barriers.
RTA replaces reduced fare cards with photo IDs
RTA only accepts Reduced Fare Identification Cards that include the holder’s picture. Red, white and blue Medicare cards also are accepted.
Reduced fare photo ID cards are issued at:
Wright Stop Plaza Lobby • 4 S. Main St., Dayton, OH
Monday - Friday
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
If you are an RTA Disabled ID Card user, you must complete a Reduced Fare Application. For seniors and children, please provide proof of age. No application required. To schedule an appointment or to get more information, please call 937-425-8444.
Countywide Paratransit Service
To expand the ADA paratransit service area within Montgomery County, a pilot transportation program will launch on June 4, 2017 to reach all ADA eligible customers.
The program will expand the current paratransit service area (as defined by the ADA) and allow all eligible customers travel to and from the critical appointments they may not currently be able to access due to the current service area. The program is structured to increase service to all ADA eligible customers.
- Customers must complete the ADA complementary paratransit service application process and successfully become eligible for these services.
- Service is $5.00 each way when traveling outside of the defined ¾ miles service area but inside Montgomery County.
- Customers can schedule trips no later than the day before and up to 7 days in advance.
- Services are subject to availability and funding.
- Hours of operation are seven (7) days a week from 4:00 AM till 2:00 AM.
Premium Service Program
The RTA Premium Service Program provides door to door transportation services for citizens in the Miami Valley. It is open to the general public and serves the Dayton Urban Area as defined by the Miami Valley Regional Planning Commission. The one-way fare for Premium trips is $30 for the reserving customer and includes traveling companions who board and alight at the same locations as said customer.
For certified Project Mobility (PMOB) customers, Personal Care Attendants (PCA) will ride under the same conditions of a regular ADA PCA. Given the inflexible nature of airline schedules, trips to and from the airport for airline travel, requested by PMOB certified customers will be made based on fleet availability and charged at the normal PMOB fare.
For additional information or to reserve a ride, please contact the RTA Call Center at 425-8300. Have a great day and remember, it’s time to ride!
Reasonable Modification Request
Reasonable Modification Requests can be made by contacting Customer Service at 937-425-8383, Ohio Relay at 800-750-0750 (or 7-1-1).