The RTA is committed to providing quality transportation to everyone in the Miami Valley area. Since 1977, the RTA has offered Project Mobility, a door-to-door paratransit service, to certified individuals with disabilities who are unable to use regular fixed routes.
Project Mobility service is available upon completion of a Project Mobility application and certification through the RTA Certification Center. The Americans with Disabilities Act defines these categories of eligibility for paratransit service.
You may be eligible if:
- You are unable to independently board, ride or exit an RTA fixed route bus, due to a disability.
- Due to impairment-related conditions you are prevented from traveling to or from a bus stop and therefore unable to complete the trip using an RTA fixed route bus.
- You are unable to complete the trip using the RTA fixed-route buses due to a combination of your disability and architectural and environmental barriers.
RTA replaces reduced fare cards with photo IDs
Since June 1, 2010, RTA only accepts Reduced Fare Identification Cards that include the holder’s picture. Red, white and blue Medicare cards also are accepted.
If you are an RTA Disabled ID Card user, you must complete a Reduced Fare Application. For seniors and children, please provide proof of age. No application required. To schedule an appointment or to get more information, please call 937-425-8444.
Preminum Service Program
The Premium Service Program is a pilot program that provides service outside the Project Mobility (PMOB) Service Area Boundary for PMOB certified customers. Initiated in 2010 in response to customer needs, this program provides greater access to regional destinations outside the PMOB service area (or operating hours in certain situations) including Wright Patterson Air Force Base, the Dayton Airport and other locations in the Miami Valley. The pilot program initially received funding to subsidize the cost of the trips which expired in 2014. As a result, the fare was increased to $29.00 for both the certified customer and their personal attendant for a one-way trip. Certain restrictions apply. Please contact the RTA Call Center for additional information at 425-8300.
Your Guide to Using Project Mobility (Audio)
0. Table of Contents
1. Welcome & General Information
2. Certification & Eligibility
3. Service Hours, Areas & Trip Types
4. Making a Reservation
5. Children Accompany Project Mobility Consumer
6. Taking a Trip
8. Carry-Ons/Service Animals/No Shows
9. Ride Policy and Restriction
10. Contact Information
11. Consumer Misconduct
12. Conditional Eligibility/RTA Fixed Routes
13. Visitor Service