Minimum Hiring Standards Acknowledgment
Safety Sensitive Position*
Thank you for your interest in employment with Greater Dayton Regional Transit Authority (RTA). We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome your application.
*Safety Sensitive Positions include, but may not be limited to Bus Operators - Fixed Foute and Paratransit, Dispatchers or Dispatch Coordinators, Transit Ambassadors, all non-administrative Maintenance positions, as well as Transportation and Transportation Training Supervisors.
Please note that any falsification or omissions in the information provided on any pre-employment document may result in disqualification from the hiring process
The following requirements must be met to be employed with RTA in a Safety Sensitive role.
What follows is general employment criteria considered by RTA for all Safety Sensitive Position
• . Must be available to work any shift in a 24/7/365 workplace.
• . High School Diploma or Equivalent (GED), unless otherwise indicated on the job posting.
Motor Vehicle License and Records Requirements
• . A valid driver's license, and/or;
• . A valid Commerical Driver's License (CDL), if required by job description.
• . A valid CDL permit can be used to meet this requirement but MUST be obtained before you may start employment
• . A good driving history as indicated on your motor vehicle record, including no more than 1 moving violation.
• Criminal conviction(s) may potentially disqualify you from employment opportunities with RTA.
DOT Drug Testing
• . Applicants must pass a pre-employment DOT drug test.
• . Must comply with FTA/DOT substance abuse regulations and testing requirements outlined in CFR 665 and CFR Part 40.
FTA/DOT and Medical Requirements
• . Must pass a DOT mandated physical examination as required for all positions requiring a CDL.
• . Must obtain a minimum of a one year DOT Medical Card
• . Must pass a pre-employment physical for non-DOT positions.
• . Must pass functional abilities