How it Works
RTA Connect On-Demand offers the convenience of booking your trip around your schedule. On-Demand offers door-to-door service within certain areas of the Miami Valley where fixed-route service is either unavailable or limited. This service is available 24/7, 365-days a year by either booking with the Lyft app, or making an advanced or recurring reservation with RTA Customer Service. Trips can also be requested as-needed through RTA Customer Service. Wait times may vary based on availability.
All eligible On-Demand zones can be found below. Customers under 18 years of age must contact RTA Customer Service to schedule an On-Demand reservation. All child restraining laws apply to children riding in RTA Connect Vehicles. It is the responsibility of the parent or guardian to comply with all prevailing regulations. Children under 6 years old weighing 40 pounds or less must ride in a child safety seat.* The customer must provide the safety seat, secure the seat and secure the child in the seat.
Every child under 8 years old must ride in a booster seat or other appropriate child safety seat unless the child is 4’9” or taller. Follow the seat manufacturer’s instructions for weight limits and proper use.** More information can be found by visiting: www.i-riderta.org/how-to-ride/accessibility.
Unless there is a life-threatening situation, or the parent has an affidavit signed by a licensed physician exempting the child from the law due to a physical impairment, or the vehicle is a taxicab or a public safety vehicle, and is regulated under Ohio Revised Code 5104.011 or was manufactured without seat belts.
Travel Within a Zone
There are two different types of On-Demand zone trips:
1. Customers using an RTA transfer point, which will connect them to RTA fixed-route service. The trip for customers traveling within a valid On-Demand zone and starting or ending their trip at a transfer point will be FREE.
2. Customers using an On-Demand trip to go door-to-door within a zone, not connecting to a RTA fixed-route bus. Those using On-Demand services to travel door-to-door to any location within the On-Demand zone, but who are not starting or ending their trip at a transfer point, will pay $2 per trip.
On-Demand trips cannot be taken across multiple zones in the same trip.
All eligible On-Demand zones can be found below. Customers under 18 years of age must contact RTA Customer Service to schedule an On-Demand reservation.
Why It's Better
- You'll never pay more than our regular, one-way fare for your Connect trip.
- No more scheduling your day around limited bus service in your area.
- On-Demand connects you to transfer points where bus service is fast and frequent.
- Weekend, late night and early morning services are available where previously only limited service was offered.
- More service equals more access throughout the Miami Valley.
How to Book
Use the Lyft app or visit http://ride.lyft.com to book your trip. Use the following codes for each zone:
1. If you’re using Lyft to/from a RTA transfer point (connecting to RTA routes) use these codes for your free ride:
- Zone 1: RTAZone1
- Zone 2: RTAZone2
- Zone 3: RTAZone3
- Zone 4: RTAZone4
- Zone 5: RTAZone5
2. If you’re using Lyft within a zone, but your ride does not connect you to a RTA transfer point use these codes for your $2 ride:
- Zone 1: RTAZone1GO
- Zone 2: RTAZone2GO
- Zone 3: RTAZone3GO
- Zone 4: RTAZone4GO
- Zone 5: RTAZone5GO
Book through RTA
No Lyft app? No problem! Call us at (937) 425-8300 to book your trip.
Travel To and From Wright Patterson Air Force Base
If you’re traveling to and from any On-Demand Zone within secured access areas on Wright Patterson Air Force Base, you will not be able to use Lyft. You must call us at (937) 425-8300 to book your trip.
If you’re traveling to and from any On-Demand Zone within secured access areas on Wright Patterson Air Force Base, you will be required to arrange your transportation access with base security in advance.
Require a Lift-Equipped Vehicle?
For those who require a lift-equipped vehicle, call us at (937) 425-8300 to connect with a lift-equipped provider.
If you experience an issue with On-Demand service or one of our providers, call us at (937) 425-8300. If you've been improperly charged for an On-Demand trip, please have your name, phone number, trip date and time, and the start and end point for your trip so the issue can be investigated and your trip costs reimbursed.
If you have questions about RTA Connect On-Demand, visit iriderta.org/rtaconnect or call Customer Service at (937) 425-8300. If you have questions about Lyft and its services, visit www.lyft.com.